was founded by education pioneer Deborah Bond-Upson to accelerate learning innovation to reach more students with more effective learning more rapidly and to assist in the ongoing national reorganization of the education system.
Learning Bond supports enterprises, states, districts, and communities to build and implement education innovations such as media and technology integration, project-based learning, new assessments, and teacher professional development.
Learning Bond has a comprehensive knowledge of the education industry and the public education system. This knowledge enables analysis of market opportunities, guides start up, partnership, merger and acquisition activities.
Learning Bond has a network of talented, experienced education, technology, business, and assessment experts who collaborate on projects as needed.
Education, Experience and Innovation
- 30 years of work with teachers and students, understanding how student-envisioned goals and instructional design impact learning.
- Founding of Teacher Universe to support teachers with online teacher professional development, assessment, media and hands-on curriculum.
- Developed online computer adaptive teacher assessment for the state of Georgia.
- Kaplan test preparation redesign to prepare students for computer adaptive tests.
- Brought effective GALAXY Classroom elementary hands-on science program online, with simulations, online communications with characters, and a focus on collaborative learning.
- Initiated online assessment of teachers in the state of Georgia, enabling waivers of requirements and supporting advanced teacher professional development.
- Supported the network of Expeditionary Learning Schools to develop online support for public schools, including charters, in intensive teacher professional development, project-based learning curriculum, publishing of student work, and advanced usage of assessment.
- Led integration of NBC Learn media into core curriculum for districts in Texas and California and the state of Delaware.
- Work with operating non-profits, foundations, districts, and for-profits to develop collaborative proposals for education reform grants.
- Lifetime dedication to cross-curricular, project-based, collaborative learning emphasizing technology, assessment, media, science and the arts.
- Developed programs, websites, social media, online systems for Parents for Public Schools-Hawaii and the First Unitarian Church of Honolulu.